The course aims to enhance the network and system administrators’ skills regarding the different aspects of awareness regarding the current cyber security risks and measures to mitigate those risks, to improve and maintain the general awareness of the network users.
This course is open to all individuals from Sponsoring Nations, Contributing Participants and NATO; and it can be accessed through the NATO e-Learning Portal
This course provides an introduction to general cyber security in order to aid familiarisation with attacks, terminology and defensive techniques. It gives an overview of the recent threat landscape, concentrating on the network and system administrators specific tasks.
The Cyber Awareness Course for System Administrators e-course was developed with the goal of improving the awareness attitude of the network and system administrators within the NATO and National networks (systems), covering the most relevant topics in the area.
- Information Security Management System
- Digital Forensics and Digital Evidence:
- Digital Forensics and Digital Evidence (in general)
- Digital Forensic Process
- Acquisition of Digital Evidence
- Examination and Analysis of Digital Evidence
- Network and Log Monitoring:
- Network Monitoring
- Log Monitoring Web Application Security
- Critical Infrastructure and Industrial Control Systems
- Fighting a Botnet Attack: a Case Study
- Systematic Approaches to the Mitigation of Cyber Threats
Basic network and system administrator skills.
The course is available to all users of the NATO e-Learning Portal. Once registered, users may access the course by navigating to the ‘Centres of Excellence’ -> ‘COE Cyber Defence’ -> ‘Cyber Awareness Course for System Administrators’ course listing.