This 5-day unclassified course on Critical Information Infrastructure Protection (CIIP) is intended for mid-level managers responsible for the protection of Critical Information Infrastructure. The course provides students with the knowledge necessary to analyse, assess and make decisions relative to Critical Information Infrastructure Protection.
At the end of the course, students will:
- be able to understand what constitutes Critical Information Infrastructure and the threats to its operations;
- be able to assess the vulnerabilities and the threat profiles relative to Critical Information Instructure;
- be able to make proper decisions regarding protection of Critical Information Infrastructure, including training of personnel, investment in protection, information sharing and risk assessment;
- Be able to oversee and critique a comprehensive Risk Assessment of both cyber and physical vulnerabilities for select Critical Information Infrastructure; and
- Know how to prioritise the protection of the most critical core information infrastructure for a military operation, institution, government or private sector enterprise.
Students should be from NATO countries and be civilians of GS 13-15 equivalent or military officers at the O-4 to O-6 level.
Select readings will be identified and made available to registered students before the course. These are to be read prior to course participation.
Pre-study e-Learning material
ADL 343 Information Security Management System on the NATO e-Learning website
Registration opens on 15 July 2019. Applicants from CCDCOE member nations should use the registration code provided by their national Point of Contact.An email confirming the participation will be sent only after the registration has closed.
If you have any questions or issues with registration, please contact [email protected]