The NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence is a multinational and interdisciplinary cyber defence hub. We do research, training and exercises in four core areas: technology, strategy, operations and law.
The NATO CCDCOE is hiring a
Technical Cyber Defence Researcher.
The position is part of the Estonian contribution to the NATO CCDCOE. The citizenship of Estonia or another NATO member state is required. We are looking for a person, who is enthusiastic, works with passion and has friendly and helpful approach.
The researcher will be specialised to one of the following technical domains related to cyber defence: cyber defence exercises and infrastructure, malware analysis, monitoring solutions, digital forensics, red teaming or industrial control systems.
- Providing research, development and analytical reports in your specialisation area of cyber defence.
- Developing technical environment for exercises, trainings and research projects.
- Planning, managing and supporting NATO CCDCOE technical projects as a technical expert and/or project lead.
- Contributing to the preparation of the content of conferences, seminars and international meetings.
- Providing technical expertise to the planning and execution of internal and external cyber defence exercises.
- Providing expertise to the development and execution of training courses and awareness raising activities.
- Providing briefings and lectures for targeted audiences.
Requirements for the candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (as a minimum) in technical domain related to cyber defence or IT, MSc is an advantage.
- 3 years of working experience in the area of IT or Cyber Defence.
- Software development background, especially in web applications, is a plus.
- Deep knowledge in administration of Linux and Windows operating systems and good knowledge of the TCP/IP networking protocols.
- Good knowledge of attack and defence methods of Linux or Windows based computer networks and web applications. Good knowledge of the recent exploit mechanisms.
- Practical experience of setting up the test environments in your specialisation area.
- Active member of cyber defence community.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Readiness to travel.
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- Motivating organizational culture and supportive colleagues.
- Most interesting and diverse work in an international environment.
- A benefit package including 35 days of annual leave and competitive salary.
- Free access to a number of fitness and sports facilities.
Employer: Estonian Defence Forces
Expected start of employment: June-July 2020
For applying please send the CV and motivation letter with salary expectation in English at [email protected]