The NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence is a multinational and interdisciplinary cyber defence hub. We do research, training and exercises in four core areas: technology, strategy, operations and law.
The NATO CCDCOE is hiring a Legal Advisor
The position is part of the Estonian contribution to the NATO CCDCOE and requires knowledge of the Estonian language at an advanced level. We are looking for a person, who is enthusiastic, works with passion and has friendly and helpful approach.
Main tasks of the incumbent consist of providing legal advice to the Management and NATO CCDCOE staff members. This includes the legal correctness of procurements within the research projects, facilitating international personnel assignments in Estonia, drafting and negotiating agreements between the NATO CCDCOE and its Sponsoring Nations and preparing contracts with external organizations or private companies.
The legal advisor advises on the responsibilities, functions, operations and activities of NATO CCDCOE, with regard to international as well as to national laws, supervising the compliance between NATO CCDCOE and the Framework Nation’s legal system. The position requires a security clearance.
Requirements for the candidate:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in legal domain.
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience (as well in public sector) in the legal domain.
- Familiarity with the structures and operations of NATO.
- Knowledge of international organisations and NATO legal system.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Constructive and open communicator.
- Good managerial skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- Motivating organizational culture and supportive colleagues.
- Most interesting and diverse work in an international environment.
- A benefit package including 35 days of annual leave and competitive salary.
- Free access to a number of fitness and sports facilities.
Employer: Estonian Defence Forces
Expected start of employment: January 2020
Last day for applications: 08.12.2019
For applying please send the following documents in English at [email protected] :
- Motivation letter with salary expectation.
- Essay (2 pages) on “Challenges and opportunities of the national and international legal framework applicable to NATO CCDCOE”.